QUESTIONS RELATED TO SCIENCE?? Ask below.
1. No School...Teacher Work Day
1. Welcome to Seventh Grade Science
--Going over routines, rules and reglations for the classroom
Assignment: Parent email by Monday-- BGericke@archboldschools.org
1. First Quiz of the Year!! Don't worry....it will be a breeze.
2. "Getting to Know You" activity
2. Science Safety
1. First half of class..Science Achievement Pretest
2. Second half of class...Computer lab
1. Finish Achievement Pretest (if needed)
2. Discussing Science Safety
SpongeBob Reading and Powerpoint
1. Moodle Practice
-How to write in a forum
Assignment: Copy vocabulary into notebook--due Wednesday
1. Begin work on Scientific Method
-20 minute video
2. Begin Notes on Scientific Method
1. Discuss testable questions, independent and dependent variables.
2. Penny Experiment
1. Following Directions Activity
2. Copy Scientific Method notes--(pg. 5)
3. Work on Crossword Puzzle
1. No School
1. Finishing Penny Activity
1. Controls and Variables practice ... with a little bit of Science Safety--due by end of period
2. Finish Crossword--Due Monday if not completed in class.
1. Crossword homework to be turned in.
2. Finish Penny Activity by adding the Independent Variable.
3. Finish "SpongeBob" paper--partner work.
1. Go over "SpongeBob" paper.
2. Independent Investigation Set-up.
--Testable question submitted by Wednesday.
1. Lab time to organize Independent Investigation.
2. Any supplies for Independent Investigation should be brought in Friday.
1. Lab time to work on Independent Investigation.
1. Wrapping up Independent Investigation.
2. Achievement Practice (if time)
1. Final lab day for independent investigation.
**Poster due by Wednesday**
1. Receiving Study Guide for Scientific Method and Safety test.
2. In class assignment on Controls and Variables.
1. Review game for test
1. Test--Scientific Method and Safety
**Straws for Extra Credit...by Thursday.**
1. Out of the building..a sub will be here.
2. Reading Science World and working on packet.
1. Handing back Scientific Method/Safety test.
2. Video discussion
3. Invention Internet research--due Thursday.
1. Reading and discussing ...Designing and Building Technology
KEY TERMS--constraint, design, technology, trade-off
2. Design research and rough drafting
1. Building and testing "structure"
1. Measuring our "bridge" inventions.
1. Measuring the amount of weight the bridge designs can hold
2. Reading "Science World"
3. Quiz over Designing and Building Technology--can take Wednesday..if not ready today.
2 Hour Delay
1. "Quiz"--Constraints, Trade-offs, and using scales.
1. Science World--Reading 2 invention articles
2. Work time on Packet
1. Continuing with our Science World Magazine
2. Science World Jeopardy
Skills being covered:
1. Determine how weather observations and measurements are combined to produce weather maps and that data for a specific location at one point can be displayed in a station model.
COW EYE Dissection