1. Sociology is the scientific study of society and human behavior.
2. It is differrent from other sciences because it looks at all aspects of society and at all scales.
3. Seeing the general and the particular (how the decision you make plays a part with everyone / how things fit in a pattern) ,and seeing the strange and the familiar (approach the everyday world as if you were seeing it for the first time).
4. Social location- what you have available to you based on where you live and what you have available to you. Marginalized groups- homosexuls or muslims ( a group based on what the society sees as acceptable or not). Types of power- example: Anyone with an accent is seen as less intelligent. Inequality- gender, and race.
5. To scientifically understand problems, so if you have good sociology, you can figure out why we are having problems, and why people do certain things. So we can create policies to try to defer these problems.