1. Sociology is the scientific study of society and human behavior.
2. Sociology looks at all aspects of society, at all scales, for patterns.
3. The sociological perspective is a) seeing the general in the particular- how the decision I made fits into the general picture and b) seeing the strange in the familiar- to approach everyday life like you're seeing it for the first time
4. Sociology looks at a) social location b) marginalization c) power and inequality and explains them.
5. Seeing a lot social changes causes people to start thinking about why its happening and maybe fix any problems scientifically.