1. Is the scientific study of society and human behavior
2. Looking for patters and reaccuring events but it looks for them everywhere
3. Seeing the general and the particular. Also seeing the strange in the familiar. How our influences fit in to the greater society. Picking a part something that you are used too seeing all the times
4. Social location- based on your life decisions marginalization- muslims put in a group post 9-11
Types of power who has more and why
Good sociology can help make good policy
5. To see why that conflict is happening and study the difference between those two groups. Like say Japanese and us as Americans we shake hands and they bow so when we first came into contact with them we had to understand why they did that and they had to do the same. We want to scientifically understand why it's happening to make the policies as best for the people living in it.