1. Sociology is the study of how society works and how it can impact the way we make our own decisions.
2. Sociology is different from different sciences because it covers a wider range of topics like social class, political beliefs, and what type of class one is classified in.
3. The sociological perspective includes seeing the general in the familiar and the strange in the familiar.
4. Sociology can give us a way of thinking. Meaning that we are influenced by society and what we say, what we do, and who or what we listen to is all influenced by society.
5. A concern that was in the beginning of sociology was using our own beliefs and they will be different than the people around us.