1. Sociology Is the scientific study of society and human behavior.
2. It is looking for patterns, but it looks at all aspects in the scope.
3. It means seeing the general in the particular, and the strange in the familiar. General in the particular, means that what you did is determined with what the community around you does. Strange in familiar, To approach the world like you've never seen it before. And look at different customs, as they are influenced by our culture.
4. Sociology looks at social location, where you are a positioned, what is available to you. Marginalized groups are LGBT communities. What ever opportunity you were given was based on your location. There is power too. standard accents are seen as less intelligent. These can lead to inequality. Good sociology can create good policy. Once we understand how things work in our society, we can create a better policy.
5. One of the concerns was trying to learn the changes that happened around in our society. We want to scientifically try to see what is really going on to create a better policy for the commmunity around us.