1) If there were absolutely no educational institutions in our world today, children would not be prepared for adulthood. Our economy would suffer because our nation would be made up of uninformed citizens. Not only would the citizens be uninformed, but there would be a rapid decline quality. People would not have the knowledge or the motivation to preform a task well. Lastly, families would most likely be where children learned a majority of information, so any false information would be passed down. Or, if a parent is unsure how something is done, then the child my never learn.
2) Just because the U. S. Government has it’s presidents take the oath of office with their hand on a bible does not mean that there is no separation betweeen church and state. The government does not require everyone to practice a certain religion, nor does it make every religious belief a law. The Bible could represent something such as good morals or, simply, be a tradition.
3) Capitalism and Socialism have opposing views when it comes to the ownership on the means of production. Capitalism is when resources and means of production are privately owned while socialism is when the society as a whole shares ownership. According to these definitions, I would say that capitalism works better. People are not perfect so socialism wouldn’t always work. Capitalism, on the other hand, doesn’t necassarily need people to be fair to one another because they can have private ownership.
4) The functions of education and family are similar because they both have the purpose of preparing a child for adulthood. Families teach moral aspects of life while education teaches socialization. The functions of family can occur in an educational institute because life lessons can be learned through experiences which could happen at an educational institute.
5) a Hindu would practice a holistic medicine because they have multiple different gods for different areas of life. Hindus also have a fundamental view in their religion, so they strictly follow their religious text. A Christian would most likely have a scientific medical practice because they don’t strictly follow their religious text. Christians interpret the text of the Bible as analogies.