1) Genie was a girl that was kept in a dark room, chained to a chair for the first 13 years of her life. She was discovered and removed immediately but she couldn't talk, walk well, or do most of the things kids should be able to do. Speech therapists and specialists all flocked to help her and to learn more about her case because it was so unique.
2) Because humans need socialization and to be completely kept away from all civilization is cruel. Socialization makes you into the person you are today.
3) some people said that just the appearance of people makes them human but with victor that obviously wasn't the case because he didn't behave like a human. Socialization and language and how you communicate makes someone human.
4) Nature vs. Nurture is the question of whether genetic traits or our environment shapes people into who they are and their personality.
5) because she didn't have anything of her own for 13 years, so now that she has the chance to get it, she will.
6) therapists and specialists from all over the world/country came to see Genie's case because there are few opportunities where you can observe someone who has had very little to no socialization. So while they tried the rehabilitate her, they were also observing her traits and behavior to gain more information about socialization and the human brain and child development such as when is it too late for children to pick up speaking a language.
7) Genie's mother sued the hospital and the Wriglers ended up giving her up so she was passed from foster home to foster home. She eventually ended up in an adult home and is a ward of the state.
8) without society and other humans, we really aren't human. Being able to talk, relate and interact with other humans makes us who we are. As people learned through Genie, socialization is a key ingredient into our humanity.