Social Institutions Review Questions
- Institutions fulfill functions necessary for the society to survive. In today’s technologically oriented society, what would happen if there were no educational institutions? What would be the results for people seeking jobs, for the economy, and for families?
- The U.S. government was founded on a belief in the separation of church and state. Yet when a new president takes the oath of office, he places his hand on a Bible. Do you believe we have achieved separation of church and state in the United States?
- Compare and contrast capitalism and socialism. Which economic system do you believe provides a better foundation for a society?
- How are the functions of education and the family similar? Can one take the place of the other? Why or why not?
- Do you think a Hindu would practice holistic medicine or scientific medicine? What about a Christian?