Extended Response Questions for Test
You will be responsible for one of the questions below. Using your notes and papers in your binder...come up with the best possible extended response answer you can. Post it when complete. A discussion will start on how we can make your answer better. Use this information to review for your test...which is THURSDAY!! Provide a page number in your binder where information can be found!!
- Describe how the gas molecules in the atmosphere are heated by radiation and conduction.
- Convection is the circulation of fluid (gas or liquid). Explain the energy transfer of energy in the convection chamber you investigated in class.
- Be sure to be able to mathematically figure out which objects are denser. Tell us how to figure out density and provide an example problem.
- Bill got out of bed one fall morning and headed for the shower. When he got out he, noticed that there was water all over the mirror. Explain to Saundra why the mirror was wet. Where did the water come from? How did it get there?
- Raymond was watering the plants in the front yard for his mother. As he walked in the house, he noticed that the sidewalk was all wet. Half an hour later, when he went out again to go to swim practice he saw that the sidewalk was dry again. Explain what happened to the water on the sidewalk.
- Describe the difference between humidity and dew point.
- Explain how clouds are formed.
- Describe the water cycle by making a drawing and writing about it.